Sports drinks are fluid-replacement beverages. They were developed to provide a quick and convenient way to hydrate and fuel the body for optimal exercise performance. The following tips can help you decide if you may benefit from a sports drink.
If you are new to exercise, you likely have a lot of questions about where to start. This may include questions such as:
- How much exercise is needed?
- When is the best time to exercise?
- What are the health benefits of exercise?
- Are insulin adjustments required when you exercise?
- Are there tips for exercising in extreme weather – very cold or very hot temperatures?
- What are some tips for making an exercise plan?
Regular exercise can help you control your blood sugar, and doing a combination of exercises is your best bet.
Here are some exercises to control blood sugar.
If you have a desk job, it might seem impossible to do anything but sit all day to get your work done. But even just a few minutes of activity every 30 to 60 minutes can have a positive effect on your health.
Guidelines are very clear about the recommended amount of exercise for people with diabetes. But if you ask ‘when is the best time to exercise?’, it’s tough to get a straight answer.
When the temperature dips and it’s uncomfortable to go outside, there is a tendency to retreat to the pleasures of the couch.
Do you ever wonder whether it’s safe for people with diabetes to exercise in winter?