We have created this special section of COVID-19 support services for our community during this time of staying at home, self-isolation or quarantine.
COVID-19 and Diabetes articles
- COVID-19 and mental health: where can I turn to for support?All of us have been affected in drastic and unexpected ways by the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. At times it can feel like the pandemic will never end, and emotions such as fear, uncertainty and panic can leave us feeling immobilized.
- Diabetes and COVID-19 vaccination: 9 things you should knowGood news is on the horizon as two COVID-19 vaccines are currently available in Canada, and many more are being tested in clinical trials. Read this expert blog to learn 9 things you should know about diabetes and COVID-19 vaccination.
- EXPERTS ANSWER COVID-19 QUESTIONS: Healthy Lifestyle HabitsIn this last of a four-part series, nurse and Certified Diabetes Educator, Gail MacNeill, discusses healthy lifestyle habits during COVID-19 with registered dietitian, Lauren Rose. Here are their insights.
- EXPERTS ANSWER COVID-19 QUESTIONS: Medication ManagementIn this third of a four-part series, nurse and Certified Diabetes Educator, Gail MacNeill, discusses medication management during COVID-19 with nurses and Certified Diabetes Educators, Violeta Nikolova and Barbara Cleave, as well as pharmacist and Certified Diabetes Educator, Susie Jin.
- EXPERTS ANSWER COVID-19 QUESTIONS: VIRTUAL CAREIn this second of a four-part series, nurse and Certified Diabetes Educator, Gail MacNeil, discusses ‘diabetes management in an era of virtual care’ during COVID-19 with endocrinologist, Dr. Alanna Weisman, and nurse Certified Diabetes Educator, Violeta Nikolova.
- EXPERTS ANSWER COVID-19 QUESTIONS: Risks, Complications & StressIn this first of a four-part series, nurse and Certified Diabetes Educator, Gail MacNeil, discusses the risks, complications and stresses associated with COVID-19 with endocrinologist, Dr. Alanna Weisman, and psychiatrist, Dr. Barry Simon. Here are their insights.
- Coronavirus support: Meditation, relaxation, and mental healthIn this post you will find a collection of apps, websites and expert opinions to help you reduce anxiety and stress to help you cope during these difficult times!
- Coping strategies for trying timesMuch of the coverage of COVID-19 has been focused upon our physical health. But what about our psychological health? Times like these make those of us who are already anxious, even more anxious. We worry about our own health and the health of our loved ones as well as our job stability, food insecurity and the economy. It can be overwhelming.
- Maintaining social connections during isolationPandemic times are strange times indeed as we socially isolate to protect ourselves and others. Feeling lonely, anxious and down is not uncommon when you’re isolated, especially because humans are social beings by nature and used to interacting.
- Coronavirus Support: Online Entertainment and Social ActivitiesIn this post you will find a list of activities that will help keep you entertained, engaged and connected to family and friends while you stay at home, to stay safe!
- Coronavirus Support: Online FitnessHere is a list of free apps and videos, online class subscriptions (free trials), special online classes and live streams being offered by studios and trainers, dedicated to helping you keep fit.
- Coronavirus Support: Online GroceryOn this page you will gain access to a a wide variety of grocery delivery and/or pickup services from coast to coast.