- Is there a way to determine if I am at risk for diabetes?
- Diabetes and portion control: how much should you eat?Portion control helps you to eat the amount of food your body needs, and also helps you maintain a healthy weight, or lose weight, if needed. Read this expert blog to learn more about diabetes and portion control.
- 7 best bedtime snacks for keeping blood sugar stable overnightIf you have diabetes, you might benefit from a bedtime snack. However, there are some things to consider first, including whether your blood sugar rises or falls during the night, and what type of snacks are helpful for keeping blood sugar stable overnight.
- Understanding biologic and biosimilar medicationsBiologic medications are unique. Many of them have been a major breakthrough in treating chronic medical conditions and have improved the quality of life for many people.
- Tahini chocolate chip oatiesThese cookies are gluten-free and refined sugar-free naturally. The addition of quinoa flakes combined with the oats give the cookies a really nice texture.
- Diabetes for two...diabetes diagnosis during pregnancyThere are several types of 'diabetes in pregnancy'. Diabetes can sometimes present for the first time during a pregnancy. This type, which is usually picked up by a routine test about half way through the pregnancy, is called gestational diabetes.
- What are the risks of having gestational diabetes?Gestational diabetes is a temporary form of diabetes that occurs during pregnancy. It is estimated that 3% to 20% of women across Canada will develop gestational diabetes every year. So what are the risks of having gestational diabetes?
- Blood pressure targets for people with diabetesPeople with diabetes are at risk of high blood pressure. That's why it’s important to know your blood pressure targets and strive to reach them.
- Shake the salt habit - the impact of sodium on blood pressureNo time to make dinner tonight? Just grab a frozen meal in the freezer section at the grocery store or better still, pick up a take-out chicken meal on the way home. Problem solved, right? Think again,
- Pregnancy and type 1 or type 2 diabetesIt is important to manage your pregnancy if you have pre-existing type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- Diabetes-friendly banana bread recipe
- Sheet pan roasted veggies with chickpeas
- 5-ingredient honeyed ricotta walnut brittle strawberry bites
- Salmon burger with tzatziki
- Spinach, quinoa and oat patties
- No-bake salted tahini fudge bars
- Omelette bites
- Riced cauliflower with quinoa and pomegranate
- Cauliflower fritters with tomato, cucumber and chickpea chop
Why Diabetes Care Community?
You know you can trust the information you receive at Diabetes Care Community.
Every day, thousands of Canadians from coast to coast visit Diabetes Care Community to gain knowledge and self-management skills so that they can live healthier lives.
The content we create, whether it is an article, recipe or video, are all written and/or reviewed by a healthcare professional and based on the most recent Canadian diabetes guidelines.
To ensure our visitors receive the very best up-to-date information, our diverse group of Canadian healthcare professionals contribute editorial guidance, educational content, tools and resources.