- 10 anti-inflammatory foods that are good for diabetesDid you know that inflammation can increase your blood sugar? In fact, research shows that ongoing inflammation in the body can eventually lead to chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes.
- Chipotle butternut squash soupThis chipotle butternut squash soup is perfect for those autumn weeknights when you are craving something warm and creamy with a bit of spicy-flare.
- How emotional well-being impacts diabetes managementYour state of emotional well-being can affect many aspects of your diabetes management. Fortunately, there are coping strategies you can use to deal with emotional issues.
- Is maple syrup okay for people with diabetes?Maple syrup is delicious and can be enjoyed with pancakes or granola or used as an ingredient in both sweet and savory dishes. However, portion control is important.
- Blender oatmeal yogurt pancakesThese blender oatmeal pancakes are not only super easy to whip up but they are also loaded with protein and fiber thanks to the addition of Greek yogurt, rolled oats, and flaxseed.
- Medications that raise your blood sugarManaging diabetes is a daily challenge that involves a careful balance of diet, exercise and medication. For many individuals living with diabetes, medications play a crucial role in controlling your blood sugar.
- Diabetes, heart disease and stroke – the important connection you need to know aboutHeart disease and stroke are common complications of diabetes. In fact, people with diabetes are twice as likely to have a heart attack or stroke than those who don’t have the condition.
- What is moderate- to vigorous-intensity exercise?Diabetes Canada and the Canadian 24-hour Movement Guidelines for Adults recommend at least 150 minutes of moderate- to vigorous-intensity exercise per week, but what does moderate-to-vigorous-intensity exercise mean?
- Cauliflower rice tabboulehThis crowd-pleasing tabbouleh recipe gets an extra dose of fiber with the addition of cauliflower rice. It also makes for a delicious and nutrient-rich side dish that you can enjoy any night of the week.
- Type 2 diabetes meal planningDiscover how healthy eating can help people with type 2 diabetes meet diabetes management targets. Find out how a diabetes meal plan and food portion control can help you eat well and live well.
Why Diabetes Care Community?
You know you can trust the information you receive at Diabetes Care Community.
Every day, thousands of Canadians from coast to coast visit Diabetes Care Community to gain knowledge and self-management skills so that they can live healthier lives.
The content we create, whether it is an article, recipe or video, are all written and/or reviewed by a healthcare professional and based on the most recent Canadian diabetes guidelines.
To ensure our visitors receive the very best up-to-date information, our diverse group of Canadian healthcare professionals contribute editorial guidance, educational content, tools and resources.