This section is dedicated to providing you with everything you need to know about diabetes monitoring and control. Monitoring is a vital part of diabetes management, and is the key to delaying or preventing diabetes complications. Of course, monitoring of your blood glucose levels to ensure you are reaching your targets is important, but so are regular monitoring tests like A1C, blood pressure, eye and foot exams.
- Continuous glucose monitors – less pain more gain!Although it is true that CGM can help you escape from the pain, mess, and inconvenience of traditional blood glucose monitoring, there are many more advantages to CGM use. Read this expert blog to learn what continuous glucose monitoring may do for you.
- Differences between continuous glucose monitoring systems in CanadaContinuous glucose monitoring systems have become more commonly used in recent years by Canadians living with diabetes. There are various systems available, which have many similarities
- Continuous glucose monitoring: is it right for me?Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) is a newer, accurate way to understand your glucose levels. Read this expert article to learn more about continuous glucose monitoring.
- Learn about the impact of food on your blood glucose levelsLearn about the impact of food on your blood glucose levels with our educational kit including a video, five menu plans and a monitoring log brought to you by Contour and Diabetes Care Community.
- Tips for making the most of your continuous glucose monitoring systemContinuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems are a welcome addition to the variety of devices that people with diabetes can take advantage of to ensure they keep glucose levels in check.
- Tips for reducing pain with blood glucose monitoringPricking your finger every single day - and often more than once a day - is an important part of your diabetes management.
- Overcoming barriers to blood glucose monitoringAs someone living closely with diabetes, you have heard the diabetes healthcare team talk about the importance of blood glucose monitoring.
- Is your blood glucose monitor accurate? How do you know?Every day, people living with diabetes use their blood glucose monitoring results to make self-management decisions. How accurate should your blood glucose monitor be? What do you need to know about blood glucose monitor accuracy?
- Diabetes and interpreting blood sugar resultsIf you are regularly checking your blood glucose levels, you can get the most out of your efforts by learning what the results mean.
- Measuring blood sugar levels throughout the dayShould you be measuring blood sugar levels throughout the day? While it’s true that people with diabetes should measure their blood sugar at regular intervals, there are some distinctions regarding how often to test.