This section is dedicated to providing you with everything you need to know about diabetes monitoring and control. Monitoring is a vital part of diabetes management, and is the key to delaying or preventing diabetes complications. Of course, monitoring of your blood glucose levels to ensure you are reaching your targets is important, but so are regular monitoring tests like A1C, blood pressure, eye and foot exams.
- Learn about the impact of food on your blood glucose levelsLearn about the impact of food on your blood glucose levels with our educational kit including a video, five menu plans and a monitoring log brought to you by Contour and Diabetes Care Community.
- Tips for reducing pain with blood glucose monitoringPricking your finger every single day - and often more than once a day - is an important part of your diabetes management.
- Overcoming barriers to blood glucose monitoringAs someone living closely with diabetes, you have heard the diabetes healthcare team talk about the importance of blood glucose monitoring.
- Is your blood glucose monitor accurate? How do you know?Every day, people living with diabetes use their blood glucose monitoring results to make self-management decisions. How accurate should your blood glucose monitor be? What do you need to know about blood glucose monitor accuracy?
- Diabetes and interpreting blood sugar resultsIf you are regularly checking your blood glucose levels, you can get the most out of your efforts by learning what the results mean.
- Measuring blood sugar levels throughout the dayShould you be measuring blood sugar levels throughout the day? While it’s true that people with diabetes should measure their blood sugar at regular intervals, there are some distinctions regarding how often to test.
- Time to check inWhen it’s time to check in with your diabetes healthcare team, make sure you come prepared! Whether it’s a daily blood sugar check, or an annual eye examination, regular testing is a very important part of your diabetes management.
- Target blood glucose levelsRead about target blood glucose levels and how they vary across the course of a day.
- Glucose control - let's talk about it!First of all, how important is your glucose control early in your diabetes? The short answer is very. Is it easy? Not really.
- Recommended diabetes monitoring testsAs someone living with diabetes, we invariably end up needing to schedule a host of diabetes monitoring tests.