We have reached our limit of 25 participants for the online pilot program.
Thank you for your interest
We are conducting a short-term pilot program to investigate the efficacy of a new virtual diabetes management coaching program for Canadians living with type 2 diabetes.
We are searching for 25 qualified people who would be interested in engaging in four (4) online diabetes self-management counselling sessions from professional diabetes educators, starting in January 2021. There is no charge for participating.
How it works
Professional diabetes educators will be conducting the coaching sessions. The educators will work with the participants to help improve their diabetes self-management skills.
- Newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes or diagnosed within the past 5 years
- 40 years of age or older
- Interested in improving self-management practices
- Must be willing to participate in 4 virtual diabetes self-management counselling sessions of approximately 15 minutes per session from a professional diabetes educator. Counselling sessions will be conducted using Zoom video conference, which is a program that is free to download to your computer
- Complete an anonymous evaluation survey at the end of the program
- (Optional) After the study, attend a moderated online focus group to share experiences with the other participants.
Legal note: Your personal health information will only be shared with your educator. Diabetes Care Community will not share your registration information with any other individual, company or third party. To view our full privacy statement, click here.
CONSENT FOR PROGRAM will be obtained from participants prior to starting.
- I understand that I will be disclosing personal health information to my assigned professional diabetes educator for the purpose of completion of my personalized diabetes action plan.
- I understand that my personalized diabetes action plan will be emailed to me for subsequent review of the information provided.
- The assigned professional diabetes educator will not disclose any identified personal information to Diabetes Care Community or to any other third party.