Time restricted eating

Welcome to Diabetes Care Community! Forums Healthy Eating Time restricted eating

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hong Yong Wu 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Gabor Vadnay
    Participant

I am a type 2 since 2005. I take meds including metformin, glyburide, onglyza, atorvastasin and baby aspirin. These meds are keeping my glucose levels in check but I still have diabetes after 13 years of treatment of these symptoms. I believe that diabetes is a disease caused by nutritional imbalance and a way to reverse it and get off your medications is by changing nutritional habits. I have recently tried time restricted eating. I eat all my meals within an 8 hour window (8am till 4 pm). Within 1 week I have lowered my fasting glucose levels from 7.2 to 6.0. I have not changed what I eat, just when. I am hoping to stop taking my meds if I can bring down my glucose levels some more and over a period of a few months with this method. Any comments?

While dietary change and weight loss can definitely improve your blood sugar, it isn’t just the fasting sugar that needs to be considered. It’s important to know what is happening with your blood sugar the rest of the day, as well as your A1C level.

Type 2 diabetes is a progressive condition that gets more difficult to manage over time and often requires more medication as time goes on. The best thing for you to do is to discuss all of this with your doctor and/or other members of your diabetes healthcare team who will review all of this information.

Best of luck!

Hong Yong Wu
    Participant

I don’t think it’s a good choice to eat for a limited time, because it has a big impact on your other activities. I have been suffering from type 2 diabetes for 20 years. Several doctors have prescribed various drugs from metformin, glibenclamide, dapagliflozin and even short-term insulin. Nearly 10 kinds of drugs, metformin The dose has reached 2,500 mg per day, but blood sugar has not been controlled. I found severe kidney damage in March this year. I stopped all the hypoglycemic drugs, normal diet every day, and restricted starchy foods. I found that even a small amount of starchy foods can cause a sharp increase in postprandial blood sugar, so I strictly select foods. Work with post-meal exercise (at least one hour walk). Fasting blood glucose 5.0-6.0 in six months, 6.2-8.8 after meal. Everyone’s situation will change, so be sure to find sensitive food, which will effectively control blood sugar.
    Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.