Starting on Metforman

Welcome to Diabetes Care Community! Forums Medication Starting on Metforman

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mohammad 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Leslie
    Participant

I have just been diagnosed with type2 and have been prescribed metforman——- with everything I have read I am extremely nervous about starting it. I do not have a blood sugar monitor should I have been given one before starting this medication.

Keymaster

Metformin is an established treatment for diabetes with a good safety profile. It does not cause low blood sugar. You should ask your doctor to refer you to a diabetes educator (or many pharmacies have pharmacists trained as diabetes educators) to discuss using a blood glucose monitor. Best of luck!

mohammad
    Participant

My fasting blood sugar is 5.1 to 5.4 , My doctor give METFORMIN .My A1C was 6.1 before .I am afraid to take METFORMIN . I control my diet and blood sugar only 5.1. I will take metformin or not?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Help Us Help You

We want to learn about your interests so we can continue to improve your experience at Diabetes Care Community

Weekly Newsletter

Living Well with Diabetes

Healthy eating, management, exercise, medication and other diabetes information.