Eating habits

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Heno 1 year ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mike
    Participant

My family member has diabetes and it is hard to eat at regular time per day due to working in shift job. I want to ask why it is important to eat at regular time is important to manage diabetes? Qdiabetes

Greg
    Participant

Yes, I agree

health
    Keymaster

Eating at regular times is important to help keep blood sugars on track by preventing overeating if there is too much space between meals. Overeating can contribute to higher blood sugars from excess food intake.Your liver can also play a role in raising blood sugars by pouring glucose into the bloodstream if a person goes too long without eating.

On the other hand if someone is taking certain diabetes medications, inconsistent eating times can cause low blood sugar (hypoglycemia).

It can be challenging with shift work to eat at regular times. Meeting with a registered dietitian can help you plan a schedule that will work best for you.
    Dietitian response

Mary-lou Watkins
    Participant

This is completely new on the home front of this diabetic diet. What I am asking is to find out what and how much I need to eat and what to eat.

Mary-lou Watkins
    Participant

This is completely new on the home front of this diabetic diet. What I am asking is to find out what and how much I need to eat and what to eat.

michell
    Participant

i try to eat health food

dave
    Participant

I am a big fan of Japanese and Asian cuisines, so today I was cooked omelette called omuraisu.t is cooked as simple omelette. I is easy for cooking because you need only few ingredients: eggs, meat and rice. It is cook as simple omelette. I often put this food in lunch boxes and take it to my work.

Heno
    Participant

Thanks for the healthy tips and suggestions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Help Us Help You

We want to learn about your interests so we can continue to improve your experience at Diabetes Care Community

Weekly Newsletter

Living Well with Diabetes

Healthy eating, management, exercise, medication and other diabetes information.