Morning glucose levels

Welcome to Diabetes Care Community! Forums Healthy Eating Morning glucose levels

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

health
    Keymaster

My morning glucose levels are higher than the target for fasting levels. What can I do to try and bring this down without going on medication. The rest of my day my blood glucose is within target levels. I usually have PB and toast before bedtime. Diane

health
    Keymaster

You may need more information to help you than only your fasting blood sugar levels. I would suggest you test your blood sugar before you go to bed as this will help you to see if your blood sugar levels are going higher while you sleep or if they are already high right before you go to bed. It sounds like you are not taking any diabetes medication at all. If this is the case, you may want to try skipping the PB and toast if you are going to bed with a blood sugar level that is too high. If you are taking diabetes medication, talk to your diabetes educator or health care professional about whether you have a risk of low blood sugar if you omit the snack.
    The key message is to test your blood sugar at other times instead of only fasting levels. This will give you more information and help you to discover where there may be opportunities for changes.
    RESPONSE from Dietitian

health
    Keymaster

yeah that’s right. I agree with what dietitian said that you need to have your blood checked first before giving any treatment to make it normal. Melisa

Heno
    Participant

Why is it necessary to have the blood checked before having food in the morning?

Jonathan
    Participant

because as per your food the results might change

Susan
    Participant

I had high numbers in the mornings and I stopped eating after 8 PM and now my numbers are much lower in the morning.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.