This one-pan recipe is super easy to prepare and a real crowd pleaser. The addition of chickpeas makes it a great vegetarian main course or a higher protein side dish. It makes a big batch, perfect for a crowd or great for leftovers.
- 12 button mushrooms (or if you are feeling adventurous, use any mushrooms you like)
- 1 box (283g) ripe grape tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, sliced in 6-8 lengthwise pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced in 6-8 lengthwise pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced in 1-inch wedges keeping core intact so that the wedges stay together.
- 1 small fennel, bulb only, sliced in 1-inch wedges keeping core intact so that the wedges stay together
- 1 acorn squash, cut in 1–2-inch wedges, skin on
- 1 head of garlic, separated but left unpeeled
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil to drizzle all over veggies
- Big pinch of fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 can (19oz/540mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a large roasting pan toss together all the cut-up veggies.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, raise the heat to 450˚F OR if you have, use convection roast 425˚F.
- ADD CHICKPEAS and cook for another 20 minutes to half hour or until the veggies are speckled with brown marks.