This is the perfect entertaining side dish. It looks beautiful and you can make it ahead of time.
- 4 cups riced cauliflower* (you will need approximately 1 head cauliflower)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa**
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, white and light green part only, minced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- *To make riced cauliflower: Cut cauliflower into florets and place in a food processor, pulse until a rice-like texture appears. NOTE: You can also find riced cauliflower in many grocery stores.
- **To cook quinoa: Rinse 1 CUP RAW/UNCOOKED quinoa in a strainer, put into a small saucepan with 1½ cups water and ½ tsp salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and let cool with lid off. *YOU WILL ONLY NEED 1 CUP OF THIS QUINOA. You can save the rest for lunches. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok with the 2 tsp of olive oil, and add the riced cauliflower, toss and cook until softened but still has a crunch to it, about 6 minutes. Turn heat off. Add the cooked quinoa to the pan with the cauliflower, toss.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pomegranate seeds, parsley, garlic, green onion, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Gently toss the cauliflower-quinoa mixture into the bowl with the pomegranate seed mixture, fold to mix.
- Add the chopped roasted almond.