This recipe is a takeoff of the traditional Italian Cacio E Pepe or cheese and pepper pasta recipe. I use spiralized zucchini in place of pasta noodles. To spiralize the zucchini, I use an inexpensive home spiralizer. You can find it online or at any kitchen store. Many grocery stores are now carrying spiralized zucchini in the produce section. It is a fabulous pasta alternative! I serve this alongside a simple grilled or roasted chicken breast, lean steak or grilled shrimps.
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground medium coarse pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large sauté pan or wok, heat oil until shimmering.
- Add garlic and cook on medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add cherry tomato halves and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spiralized zucchini, salt and pepper and toss for 1-2 minutes, turn heat off.
- Add lemon zest and cheese, and toss.
- Serve immediately.