These burgers are unlike most turkey burgers. Because of the addition of white bean, they are so moist and delicious. You can serve them on a bun (not reflected in the nutritional analysis) or wrapped in a lettuce leaf with a slice of tomato!
- ½ cup canned small white beans (navy or cannellini)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp finely diced red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced chives or green onions
- ½ lb. ground turkey (you can use minced chicken as well)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Non-stick oil spray to cook the pan-fry the burgers
- Combine the white beans, olive oil, and the garlic in a large bowl. Using a fork, lightly mash the beans and then mix them with the oil and garlic until blended.
- Add the red pepper, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, egg, and chives. Mix until blended.
- Crumble the ground turkey and add it to the bowl, along with salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- Gently mix with a fork or your hands until just blended; don’t over mix or the burgers will be tough.
- Shape the meat into four patties about 3-inches in diameter and ¾ inch thick (about 4oz. each).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, spray with non-stick oil spray. Cook the bottoms until browned, 4-5 mins.
- Flip the burgers and continue cooking until they are firm to the touch, about another 5-8 mins.
- Alternatively, you can grill them.