This salad will awaken your taste buds with its flavour and textures. It is a great addition to any Thai meal. It is healthy, will cool your palate and goes with all Thai dishes.
- 2 under ripe mangos, peeled
- 1 green apple, not peeled
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Small handful of cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced into 3-inch long slivers
- 1 long red chili (or 2 bird chilis), sliced into thin rounds
- 10 basil leaves, optional
- ¼ cup finely chopped salted peanuts
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp sweet chili garlic sauce (or ½ tsp chili flakes plus 2 tsp honey)
- Additional cilantro leaves
- Make the dressing first by mixing all the dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- Using a mandolin or slicer with the julienne blade on, and slice the mango into thin matchsticks (you can also do this by hand using a sharp knife). Slice the apple the same way, place in a tossing bowl.
- Add the bean sprouts, coconut, cilantro, green onion, chili and basil leaves, if using. Drizzle the dressing over and gently toss.
- Arrange the salad piled on the small platter and sprinkle the peanuts on top and some additional cilantro.
Serves 6, 1 cup servings