These cookies are gluten-free and refined sugar-free naturally. The addition of quinoa flakes combined with the oats give the cookies a really nice texture.
The Wet Ingredients
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- ½ tsp vanilla
The Dry Ingredients
- ½ cup oats (can use gluten-free)
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp regular sea salt
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Make sure the oven rack is in the middle of the oven.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Drop even spoonfuls of dough on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 min.
- Remove cookies as soon as you can from the sheet onto a cooling rack (they will have a crispy exterior and a chewy interior when they are cooled).
NOTE: NUTRITIONAL VALUE REFLECTS USE OF ½ OATS AND ½ QUINOA FLAKES. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUBSTITUTE THE QUINOA FLAKES AND USE ALL OATS (1 cup total), SUGARS ARE 11g and CALORIES ARE 197.