- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into ½ inch sticks
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced with a knife.
- ½ tsp smoked paprika*
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ cup grape seed oil (or sunflower oil)
- 2 tsp fine semolina or fine cornmeal
- Plenty of freshly ground pepper
*McCormicks along with many other specialty brands make this. It can be found in the spice aisle of most grocery stores. If you are unable to find it, simply use double the amount of regular paprika.
- Preheat oven to 375˙F CONVECTION
- Place a large pot with water over high heat to boil. Add the potatoes, boil for 5 minutes, remove carefully and let drain on a paper towel until dry.
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, paprikas, oil and semolina. Toss the potatoes into this mixture and spread on a 2 large cookie sheets, lined with foil and sprayed with oil spray. Sprinkle with pepper, or you can do this at the end.
- Roast for 1 hour.
- Roast for another 20-30 or until dark in spots and crispy.