6 chicken thighs, bone in skinless
1 head garlic
6 Brussels sprouts
1 green or yellow zucchini
1 acorn squash*, unpeeled or 1 sweet potato, peeled or half of each
¼ cup black kalamata olives
1 lemon, cut in wedges
1 red onion, cut into wedges
For the marinade:
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sea salt
Plenty of freshly ground pepper
*Nutritional Facts Table is based on using the acorn squash
- Mix all the marinade ingredients, except 1 Tbsp olive oil together in a zip top bag.
- Place the chicken pieces in the zip top bag with the marinade. Let marinade for 45 minutes at room temperature or up to 12 hours in the fridge. If you are marinating it in the fridge, bring it to room temperature for 45 minutes before cooking it.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 375˚F Convection Roast, Convection or 400˚F Regular Bake.
- Cut the head of garlic in half through the circumference so that the cloves of garlic are exposed on both halves, place on a cookie sheet.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half, place on the sheet. Cut the zucchini into 4-5 large chunks on an angle.
- Cut the acorn squash or sweet potato in wedges. Place on the sheet.
- Place the olives, lemon wedges and red onion wedges on the sheet.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil all over the veggies, toss to coat and arrange on the sheet so that all the veggies are mixed up.
- Arrange the chicken pieces amongst the vegetables.
- Pour the marinade in the bag all over the chicken and veggies.
- Sprinkle everything with plenty of freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the chicken is a deep golden brown.