1¼ cup canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup plus 2 tbsp (165 grams) natural peanut butter*
¼ cup (80 grams) honey
1 tsp baking powder
⅛ tsp of salt
½ cup (90 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth, scraping the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they're combined.
- Remove mixture to a bowl, and add chocolate chips. Mix.
- With wet hands, form into 1½” balls.
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. If you prefer flatter cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don't do much rising or spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
*If the peanut butter separates and the oil floats to the top, stir it before using.
Makes 24 small cookies
Nutrition Analysis is based on one 28g cookie