This salad is so easy to prepare and it looks so beautiful too. White beans are full of fiber and so good for you. Serve this salad cold. It can be made well in advance and tastes great the next day too!
For the white beans:
- 1 19oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 salt packed anchovies or 4 oil packed anchovies, rinsed, patted dry, and finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb cherry or grape tomatoes halved or quartered (about 1 box)
- 1 lb green beans
- In a large serving bowl, combine the shallot, anchovies, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until well combined. Add the drained white beans and tomatoes, toss to coat. This can be done well in advance.
- Cook the green beans in a pot of boiling water for about five minutes. Rinse the green beans in cold water and pat dry. When you are ready to serve the salad add the green beans to the rest of the salad and toss to coat.
If you have leftovers, it makes a great snack or addition to any meal, it will last in the fridge for 3-4 days.