- 2 heads of Boston lettuce, washed and torn into large pieces
- 10 leaves of radicchio lettuce
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced in 20 or so pieces
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Coarse pepper to taste
- Mix the Boston and the radicchio lettuce in a large bowl, refrigerate.
- Heat a small frying pan to medium, and place the pumpkin seeds to toast for 5 minutes, tossing a few times. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and toss for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer seeds to a piece of parchment paper to cool.
- Make the Dressing. In a small bowl mix all the dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, toss the pears through the lettuce leaves and dress the leaves with all the dressing, sprinkle with pepper and place on a large platter or individual plates. Sprinkle with toasted seeds.