This hummus is incredibly creamy from the tahini. Spread the hummus on a round plate, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika if you like!
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic
- ½ cup tahini (also called sesame paste)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp fine sea salt or regular table salt
- ½-1 tsp ground cumin, or to taste
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- ½ cup cold water or more as needed
For drizzle: 2 tbsp olive oil, paprika
- Place chickpeas and garlic into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until chopped.
- Add tahini, lemon juice, salt, cumin, cayenne powder, and mix.
- Drizzle in water. Process again. Add more water and lemon juice as needed to thin the hummus to desired consistency.
- Drizzle with olive oil and paprika.