¾ cup cup fresh orange juice
3 tbsp brown sugar (preferably dark)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp dry mustard
1½ tsp chopped fresh thyme
½ tsp kosher salt
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
Ground pepper for sprinkling
- In a small saucepan, combine orange juice, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, dry mustard, thyme, and salt, and boil for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool. (To speed this up, pour into a flat dish.)
- When the marinade is cool, marinate the chicken piece in glaze for up to 24 hours (in fridge). Sometimes I don’t even marinate it.
- When ready to cook, set the oven rack to the 2nd from highest position, preheat to 400°F (regular bake - NOT CONVECTION).
- Place chicken into a roasting dish that is just big enough to accommodate the chicken. If there is too much room all the liquid will evaporate during the cooking. Pour any excess glaze over chicken; sprinkle with pepper. Let sit at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Roast on rack 2nd from the top for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Drizzle with pan juices, serve immediately.
Serving size = 1 6oz boneless chicken breast