- 1 medium size butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut in 1 inch cubes (or use a 2 lb box of pre-cut squash)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 3 tbsp finely chopped mint or sage
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (or 425˚F convection roast).
- On a foil lined cookie sheet, toss the squash pieces with the oil, place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until starting to brown.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl stir together garlic, vinegar, and maple syrup or honey.
- Remove squash from oven, pour vinegar-garlic mixture over squash, toss gently, making sure that the pieces are not overlapping.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or until glazed, caramelized and fork tender.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with mint.