I love this bruschetta topping. It is super easy, and healthy! I like to serve this on whole grain crackers or whole grain crostini.
- 1 tin (14oz) artichoke hearts, drained and squeezed out
- 2 tbsp chopped capers
- 2 handfuls of arugula, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced red onion
- Juice of half a lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Using a knife, chop the artichokes finely. Transfer to a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, capers, arugula and red onion.
- Season to taste with plenty of freshly ground coarse black pepper. Serve on whole grain crackers or crostini (Note: nutritional value does not include crackers).
Makes about 2 cups