¾ cup 1% milk
3 large eggs
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 apples peeled, cored thinly sliced
1 tbsp brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 425˚F.
- Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon in large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour and whisk until batter is smooth. Set aside.
Cast Iron Pan Method:
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Melt butter in the pan, and when the butter stops foaming, add the apples, arranging in an overlapping single layer. Let cook undisturbed on low for about 10 minutes, toss the apples around a little and cook for another few minutes.
- Pour batter over apples in cast iron pan and sprinkle with brown sugar. Put the pan in the oven and bake until pancake is brown, and puffed, about 15-20 mins.
Pyrex dish Method:
- Place butter in an 8x8 inch glass baking dish (Pyrex). Place dish in oven until butter melts, about 5 minutes. Remove dish from oven. Place apple slices in overlapping rows on top of melted butter in baking dish. Return to oven and bake until apples begin to soften slightly and butter is bubbling and beginning to brown around edges of baking dish, about 10 minutes.
- Pour batter over apples in baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar. Put the pan back in the oven and bake until pancake is brown, and puffed, about 15-20 mins.