These bars are super easy to make and don’t require any cooking. Keep them in the fridge or freezer to offer to last minute guests. Also great for a protein-packed snack to grab for your winter walks and hikes.
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup flax meal
- ½ cup almonds
- ¾ cup large flake oats
- ¼ cup roughly chopped dark chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Top
- 3-4 tbsp melted dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped nuts (I use almonds)
- ⅛ tsp flaked sea salt
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Leave a little overhang on the two long sides.
- In a food processor pulse together the dates with the flax and almonds until fine crumbs, and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate pieces, tahini, salt, honey and olive oil. Press into the prepared pan. Refrigerate for several hours.
- Drizzle the chocolate over top and scatter the chopped nuts. Refrigerate until the chocolate has solidified a little (10 minutes or so) and then sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Remove from the loaf pan and cut into bars. Store bars in the fridge or freezer, they are soft at room temp.
Makes 10 bars