The salmon burgers are a delicious burger option for the summer. You can grill them or cook them in a frying pan.
- 1 lb salmon (remove skin and any brownish fat from underneath)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ½ cup of parsley leaves, cilantro leaves or 1 cup spinach, chopped finely
- ⅓ tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 3 tbsp panko crumbs or breadcrumbs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
For the Tzatziki
- 1 cup low or no fat Greek yogurt
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup finely diced cucumber
Burger buns, optional
- Using a knife, chop the salmon finely. Mix the chopped salmon with grated ginger, minced parsley, cilantro or spinach, chili powder, cayenne powder, panko or breadcrumbs, minced green onion, salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Make the Tzatziki: Mix the yoghurt with the garlic, diced cucumber and set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium heat or heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over med-high heat on the stove top.
- When the grill is hot, spray the grill with cooking spray. (If you are cooking them in a pan, coat the bottom of the skillet with cooking spray.)
- Grill or sear the burgers for 4 minutes per side. If they are sticking to the grill, wait another minute before flipping.
- Serve with or without a bun with the tzatziki and sliced tomato
Makes 4 burgers